What is Cloud Save?
- Most of the games of ChillyRoom are local games. For games downloaded from certain app marketplaces, there is a cloud save feature in game which enables players to back up their progress from time to time, and especially before you reinstall apps or change the device.
- The cloud save feature in game is MANUAL. Players have to manually tap on Upload button in the cloud save page to save their progress in the cloud. The only exception is the cloud save feature of We Happy Restaurant tied with ChillyRoom server.
- Local save is always saved in your device. Once the game is deleted, the local save is gone as well, and the only way to restore your progress is to retrieve the progress from the cloud on the condition that it has been saved successfully.
NOTE: Progress cannot be restored if the game was deleted before the cloud save feature was introduced into the game.
Variants of Cloud Save Feature
Cloud save to Google cloud: Cloud save to Google cloud
Cloud save to iCloud: Cloud save to iCloud
Cloud Save to ChillyRoom Server: please read below
NOTE: for Soul Knight players: If you are an iOS user, or if you are an Android user outside Mainland China, please note that the cloud save feature of Soul Knight is not tied with ChillyRoom server. In other words, you are either saving the progress to the iCloud or Google cloud, depending on what device is.
NOTE: for We Happy Restaurant players: If you have a ChillyRoom account, your progress will be automatically uploaded to ChillyRoom server. But if you are the cloud save feature tied with iCloud or Google cloud, you have to upload your progress manually.
What is ChillyRoom account?
To cloud save your progress in the ChillyRoom server, players need to sign up for a ChillyRoom account with a real and valid email address. Signing up with a fake email address or an email address that does not belong to you may result in account loss. That being said, if you ever need to change your device, reinstall the game or reset your password, you will be at the risk of not being able to log into the same account.
Therefore, please make 100% sure that you are entering the correct, valid and a real email address when you are signing up a ChillyRoom account.
Once signed up, the account can be used for all ChillyRoom games. In other words, if you have already signed up for an account in ChillyRoom Game A, in ChillyRoom Game B, you can log into that account directly without re-going through the sign-up process.
To know more about your account, open that the game that you have logged in, go to the cloud save page, tap on the head icon on the bottom right corner.
How to reset password?
If you forget your password, you can always reset it, provided that the email address of your account has already been verified.
On the log in window, tap on the Forget Password button, enter your new password and tap on Reset. We will send a confirmation link to your email box. Click it and the password will be reset.
- Uploading or retrieving progress is an irreversible process which cannot be undone. The user is solely responsible for the action. Once uploading or retrieving completes, your previous copy of progress will be overwritten.
- Giving out or selling your ChillyRoom accounts to others is prohibited. Any user who sell their ChillyRoom accounts will be held accountable legally. And any user who purchases and uses this kind of illegal products will be solely responsible for the consequences caused.
Limitations of Cloud Save
Limitation on the Device
You can bind a device with the same account 5 times within 90 days. But you have to wait for 24 hours between 2 bindings. Once you have run out of your 5 chances, you won’t be granted an extra chance before the 90-day period ends. When a new cycle of 90 days starts, your chances will refresh back to 5.
Q1: How is a chance deemed consumed? Answer:
- Logging into your account on a new device and uploading or retrieving your progress.
- Logging into your account on an old device that has been reset, and uploading or retrieving your progress.
- Logging into your account on simulator, and uploading or retrieving your progress.
- Switching to a different ChillyRoom account on the same device, and uploading or retrieving your progress.
Q2: When does the 90-day period start and end? Answer:
- If you have already used up your 5 chances, you will be notified a waiting period of XX days. When the waiting period ends, a new cycle of 90 days starts and you have another 5 chances.
- If you haven’t used up 5 chances, the 90-day period starts from the first time your upload your progress to the cloud.
Q3: What should I do when I get the message that says “You've reached your device limit.”? Answer: It means that you have run out of all chances. Please wait for the next cycle of 90 days to start.
When you are in the waiting period, devices that have already been bound with the account won’t be automatically unbound, but you won’t be able to bind new device with that account.
Account vs Device
One device can be bound with one account only at one time. But multiple devices can be bound with the same account.
You can only unbind your account from the device once every one week.
Q: What should I do if I get the message that says “The device is bound with another account and unbind fails. Please retry after XX days.”? Answer: You have to wait for XX days. There is not another way to skip the waiting.
Limitation on Uploading Progress
When an account is bound with a device, the progress retrieved from the cloud under that account, cannot be uploaded to the cloud under another account.
Q: What should I do if I get the message that says “You are uploading a progress that does not belong to this account”?
- Check if you have changed your account. If the local save has been uploaded to the cloud under one account, you cannot upload it to the cloud under a different account.
- Check if you have updated your game via an app marketplace that is different from the one that you downloaded the game from. If you have already uploaded your progress to the cloud on the app from one app marketplace, when you update or download the game from another marketplace, you cannot upload that copy of progress.
How to cloud save in game?
Log into your account.
Now compare your cloud save to the local save. To upload your progress to the cloud, tap on Upload Progress. If this is your first time using this feature, you should see "Cloud save not found" on your cloud save information.
When you see “Progress uploaded successfully” and that your cloud save is exactly the same as the local same, upload succeeds.
To retrieve your progress from cloud, tap on Retrieve Progress. When retrieve succeeds, you will see the cloud save same as the local save, and the Upload and Retrieve button will disappear.
NOTE: Uploading or retrieving progress is an irreversible process which cannot be undone. The user is solely responsible for the action. Once uploading or retrieving completes, your previous copy of progress will be overwritten.